If you like these podcasts and want them to continue, please leave a review on iTunes.
Don't forget to check out the new Farm Dreams Guide to Profitable Homesteading
In this episode we discuss:
- The Misfortune of Being Born Male - what happens to male calves, pigs, poultry and sheep on the farm, decisions on castration and allowing animals to live if they are not bred for meat;
- Growing the Green Movement - Ways to get your piece of a farm dream without moving to the country, how to reduce your environmental impact while supporting other farmers and growing SOME of your own food;
- To Cull or Not to Cull - Pastured poultry mistakes, diseases and illnesses that could be corrected with antibiotics or vaccines, culling sick animals and starting over or letting the individuals die so the herd/flock can get stronger;
- Three Sisters - Corn, beans and vine crops;
- The Sit Spot - Finding a piece of nature to sit in from time to time to learn about plants, calm yourself and reconnect; and,
- Other exhilarating chit chat!
Join the community at http://farm-dreams.com!