Does anyone have any advice for a future farmer on how to create a farm logo?  I have a good idea what I want, but have no idea how to create it on my own.  Paying for a graphic artist isn't in our family budget at this time unless there is a very affordable one out there.  To me it's important to have an image that reflect our farm and I feel like I'm getting nowhere trying to create it on my own.  Any advice will gratefully be accepted. 

Tags: Farm, Logo

Views: 4922

Let's hear what YOU have to say about it! Reply below...

Replies to This Discussion

Fabulous!!!

That logo looks great! So glad it worked out for you.

Looks like you got a very nice logo--- you should be ab le to do well witht hat.  I would liek to add that no one should shy away from working with agraphics artist ona  logo. 

I used a graphics artist when we designewd out logo -- and think it encapsulated the feeling and values of our farm very well.  

Synergistic Acres - Kansas City Natural Farm

Your logo looks great!  How exciting -- it makes it seem more "real," doesn't it? One step closer to your farm dream...or is it, dream farm?!

Wendi--and everyone else, I just wanted to say: Don't stop dreaming! All of your ideas sound wonderful and doable. Keep a notebook or idea box or whatever suits your fancy and you'll find yourself figuring out which ideas to try.

It takes a while to get to know your land, resources in the community, product needs of your area, etc. I encourage everyone to seek out their local county extension office and see what classes, workshops, and networking opportunities are available. Go shopping at your farmers' markets and get to know other farmers.

We waited a long time for the opportunity to settle down on our property and now are gradually adding projects. We started with chickens and a small garden. Now we're adding pigs and enlarging the garden. Next year--beef cows. Someday maybe some dairy and fiber animals?

I waited for two decades to get my chickens and now by golly I'm enjoying them!

My family and I love to encourage others along their way, as we journey along on ours!

Marie

Dear Wendi: I designed my own logos several times, it just depends what you want it to look like...visit my website www.hollerbackfarm.com  or my back up site www.hollerbackfarm.yolasite.com

I also developed a "very small" logo for the company I work for www.singcore.com it's in the upper left hand corner.

I would love to help you, we can eventually work something out, likely you could promote me to do for others.

Thanks,

Linda

I would love to see it when its done Wendi!

Thanks Kim!  I'm going to attach or at least attempt to attach our Farm Logo to this message.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  Since we are not yet farming, I may later come up with a different tag line for the bottom of the logo....but for now this is what we have, a logo and a dream!

Kim Gates said:

I would love to see it when its done Wendi!

Attachments:

Linda,

Thanks for your interest in my logo quest.  We were able to have a completed logo in just a few days using the hatchwise website....I'll try to attach it to this message.  

I checked out your website and really enjoyed the stroll through your farm.  You goats a beautiful! And truthfully I'm quite impressed that you have a website....that will be(hopefully) my next hurdle to tackle.  I'm really challenged in these areas!

Many blessings for you and your family And the FARM!

Wendi

Linda Capps said:

Dear Wendi: I designed my own logos several times, it just depends what you want it to look like...visit my website www.hollerbackfarm.com  or my back up site www.hollerbackfarm.yolasite.com

I also developed a "very small" logo for the company I work for www.singcore.com it's in the upper left hand corner.

I would love to help you, we can eventually work something out, likely you could promote me to do for others.

Thanks,

Linda

Attachments:
This may be too late but...

As far as a website goes, we have had great success using Wordpress.com as our host. We signed up for a free account to see if we liked it and then "upgraded" to a paid domain (.com) for $100 per year. We have multiple pages for all our information and things we sell. We also update our blog section once or twice a week simply with our journey. How are things going, what are we building, animal updates, how to videos, etc. So far we have had a wonderful response with nothing but word-of-mouth advertising and now after 1 1/2 years online, we are up to 500+ hits a day on our website.

So in a nutshell, find a free service you like (blogger, Wordpress, etc) and then just pay for the upgrade to make it into your own website. I think that is the easiest route to go and many of these sites provide free templates where you can just fill in the blanks.

Good luck!

We were able to trade services with a graphic designer and come up with this design, very happy with the results. Being a internet marketer and developer the country is a great relief from my desk job. I'm able to create logo's using free software such as GIMP or others but a logo is so important to me. I wouldn't be able to produce that professional look and feel, I'm just don't have that eye. We were able to establish contact with the graphic designer via craiglist.

Just my two cents.

James

www.wellingtonfamilyfarm.com

I really like your logo, Wendi!  This blog has given us good info. for when our turn comes...so, thanks! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

keith replied to Cara Randall's discussion What's retirement going to be?
Mar 28
Karen Paro posted a discussion
Mar 25
Squash Hollow Farm posted a blog post
Mar 20
Oak Grove Valley Farm commented on Oak Grove Valley Farm's blog post Update on Oak Grove Valley Farm
Mar 18
Karen Paro commented on Oak Grove Valley Farm's blog post Update on Oak Grove Valley Farm
Mar 18
Oak Grove Valley Farm posted a blog post
Mar 15
Oak Grove Valley Farm posted photos
Mar 10
Smokey Hollow Farms posted an event

Making Medicine with Herbs at Smokey Hollow Farms

April 13, 2014 from 1pm to 4pm
Mar 8
Brooke Chaplan posted a blog post
Mar 8
Ellen Peavey posted photos